Century Initiative is a registered charity that advocates for and supports the development of policies and programs that would responsibly grow Canada’s population to 100 million by 2100. But growth is only part of this vision. We must grow well and this means building the infrastructure that will be needed to accommodate a large population and closing critical gaps in outcomes. We are a network of leaders and experts in business, academic and charitable sectors from across the country united by a shared belief that with the right approach to growth we can enhance our economic strength and resilience at home, and our influence abroad. Century Initiative delivers its mission by through the following key activities:
• Advocate for a big and bold vision for Canada – and the policies and priorities that will create the conditions for Canada to thrive and grow well into the future.
• Educate Canadians about the importance of smart population growth, and about the need to ensure the benefits of growth are widely shared.
• Partner with researchers and practitioners to fill the relevant policy and program gaps, and to inform decision-making
• Convene stakeholders from across sectors to generate knowledge, inform policy, and raise awareness of our vision and mission for Canada.
If you're a passionate communicator and partnership builder, Century Initiative is an excellent place to grow your career. Century Initiative is committed to maintaining a work environment that fosters personal and professional growth for all employees.
• Lead and implement operational practices and initiatives to ensure the optimal “running” of the organization in alignment with organizational priorities
• Regular evaluation of the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
• Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
• Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
• Working closely with external human resources team, ensure people-related practices and policies support a positive, high performance, values-based work environment
• Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
• Working closely with external tech support/IT team, ensure organization has the appropriate tools and resources to perform all functions of each role
• Oversee/implement financial and reporting practices and processes with support from an external financial team, to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Working with Board on specific initiatives as needed, including soon to be formed, National Council of Champions
• Managing complex projects to ensure results are delivered on time and on budget
• Managing events as needed
• People leader responsibilities in the future
• Able to work remotely effectively and work in person at central Toronto location when needed
• Other support as may be required.
A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience leading the organizational operations portfolio in complex, public facing organization. Experience working with Boards is an asset.
Related Skills and Knowledge
• An entrepreneurial spirit and the discipline to work independently, but also the ability to function as a member of a team
• An analytical mind and ability to think critically
• Detailed-oriented, with initiative, follow-through, and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task effectively, including good planning, the ability to work under pressure, and meet strict deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
• Knowledge of charitable and non-profit sector legislation, regulations and guidelines
• Outstanding communication and people skills
• In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g., finance, customer service, human resources, etc.)
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Familiarity with MS Office and various applications (e.g., Salesforce, CanadaHelps, AWS, Webflow, MailChimp)
• BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field/equivalent experience
• Ability to practically apply and communicate complex information to ensure organizational effectiveness
• Bilingual (English/French) an asset
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must be authorized to work in Canada. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2022. Please reference “Manager, Operations” in the subject line. While we appreciate all expressions of interest for this position, we are unable to respond to any telephone or email inquiries concerning the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Century Initiative is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity, pluralism and inclusion. We encourage all qualified individuals who identify as women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, racialized persons/visible minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity (LGBTT2SQ* persons) to apply.
If you require any reasonable accommodations during the application process, please contact email@example.com.